Outside Ontario

Outside Ontario

Province by Province listings for the rest of Canada

While personalsupportworker.com was originally created for the Ontario market, the majority of the websites material is useful for all Canadians.

PSW, HCA, RCW, etc are considered Unregulated Health Care Workers. While the term sounds rather crude, there is a drastic difference between unregulated and untrained. Provinces still require training and education for their workers. While some provinces (notably British Columbia & Ontario) are instituting registries, they are in place more so to keep track of workers than to actually regulate them.

Regardless of name, these Health Care Workers share many traits, with the most obvious being improving client quality of life. Procedures and training can vary from Province to Province, however the aforementioned improvements to ‘quality of life’ remains the main goal of workers in the field.

Below is a list of by province. Please also consider visiting our past website offerings, such as exclusive articles & employment resources, all of which can be used across Canada by simply inserting your provinces vocational name (ie replace PSW with HCA, etc).

Provincial Listings:

Alberta -Health Care Aide

British Columbia – Health Care Assistant

Manitoba – Health Care Aide

New Brunswick – Personal Support Worker

Newfoundland – Personal Care Attendant

Nova Scotia – Continuing Care Assistant

Prince Edward Island – Resident Care Worker

Saskatchewan – Nurses Aide

Coming Soon:

Northwest Territories